UPDATE: Thanking Our Heroes — You can help say “thank you” to First Responders assisting with hurricane relief efforts.
We are all watching the ongoing floods and devastation in Texas (and heading to Louisiana…and now with Hurricane Irma on the way, Florida) and wondering how we can help. Through our contacts in the affected areas, we have learned of urgent needs for residents who have been evacuated from their homes, and for the First Responders and Search and Rescue Teams who have been working nonstop for the past several days.
Operation Gratitude will get the first shipment of supplies out by this Friday for the immediate needs, and then will send our First Responder Care Kits to thank the response teams in a few weeks.
Here are three ways you can help now: 9/11/17 — SEE UPDATE HERE
1. Drop off donations of these items by Thursday, September 7* (*Now that the deadline is past, please see the most recent info HERE) to our facility (21100 Lassen Street, Chatsworth, CA 91311) weekdays between 9am and 4pm:
– Hand/Foot Warmers
– Socks of any size and color
– Snack Bars (Breakfast/Protein)
– Body Wash – 4 oz or smaller/Travel Size
– Razors – Disposable
– Cotton Swabs/Q-Tips – Travel Packs
– Tissues – Travel Packs
2. Volunteer to sort and pack donations all weekdays from 9am to 4pm at the FOB: 21100 Lassen Street, Chatsworth, CA 91311. Wear comfortable clothing (it gets hot in the warehouse) and closed toe shoes (for your safety). We have LOTS of work to do and welcome volunteers (age 12 and over) to join us for 15 minutes or five hours!
3. Donate funds to assist us with shipping expenses.
Questions? Send an email to Info@OperationGratitude.com and we’ll reply ASAP.
Thank you for your loving and patriotic support!
I am getting a box ready to send. I have a handknitted scarf and hat and some Halloween candy ready to send.
Pingback: Links To Some Uplifting Posts (9-19-2017) – My Daily Musing
Are you accepting blankets for the hurricane victims?
Yes, we are. If you have additional questions, please send an email to Info@OperationGratitude.com. Thank you!
Pingback: South Bay Gives back to Texas after Hurricane Harvey - South Bay Mommies and Daddies
Pingback: South Bay Gives back to Texas after Hurricane - South Bay Mommies and Daddies