Please read these important and helpful “Do’s and Don’ts”!
- DO ship your candy NO LATER THAN November 15 to:
17330 Victory Boulevard
Van Nuys, CA 91406-5438
ATTN: Halloween Candy/Angel Cuevas
- DO separate chocolate and non-chocolate candy.
- DO line your boxes with big bags to safely ship loose candy, or place the candy into zip-close bags.
- DO include donations of individually-packaged toothbrushes, dental floss and toothpaste — we need to keep smiles on the troops’ faces all shiny, bright and healthy!
- DO fill out the Donation Form and include the number of pounds of candy, number of toothbrushes, etc., you are shipping. This donation form is a downloadable PDF file, so even if you don’t see a window pop up, a file has been downloaded.
- DON’T ship the candy to any other Operation Gratitude address than the Victory Boulevard address.
- DON’T purchase candy for us at the 1/2-off sales after Halloween — just send us your extra/leftover candy and please consider making a financial donation instead.
- DON’T use boxes any larger than 24″x 24″x 20,” please.
- DON’T send Pixy Stix – unfortunately, they make a mess for the troops.
DENTISTS! Want to list your candy collection event in the Halloween Candy BuyBack searchable database? Read on…and go here to register today!
We encourage everyone to write letters/cards to the troops that we can include with the candy in our care packages: Letter Writing Flyer
Wondering how you’ll get your donations to Operation Gratitude once your event is over? Read on — and also find shipping information and tips here: Important Shipping Information
(Thank you for understanding that we cannot pay for shipping your donations to our facility, as we need every penny of our funds to pay shipping costs on the care packages to the troops: $15/package.)
Fill out and include this Donation Form in every package you send in order to receive an acknowledgment. Please indicate the number of pounds of candy and the number of toothbrushes, etc., you are shipping on the form.
IMPORTANT: Donations sent to any other Operation Gratitude address will not be acknowledged.
If you want confirmation of delivery on your shipment to us prior to receipt of our acknowledgment letter (allow up to 12 weeks), please use the tracking system provided by your shipper.
Again, please deliver your donations by no later than mid-November to ensure we can get them into our care packages this year and none of the candy goes to waste!
Need some ideas about how to organize and publicize your candy collection event? Find helpful tips here: Halloween Candy Collection Tips.
Check out the creative flyers folks shared with us in previous years: Halloween Flyers
Dental offices can sign-up to list their “Halloween Candy BuyBack” event in a searchable database here.
Here’s how the Halloween Candy Buyback Works:
1. Participating dental offices register to be a collection point for candy donations.
2. Registrations are searchable via the zip code search here.
3. Interested donors can call or email the dental practice near them to find out exact time/date/location of event. (Because each event is held independently, we do not provide this information.)
4. Candy donations are dropped off or shipped by the participating office to the Operation Gratitude headquarters in Van Nuys, CA, following the guidelines and instructions above.
(For questions about the HCBB dental office database, please send an email to email@example.com or call: 608.520.3689)
If you would like to receive posters, the Operation Gratitude logo and other helpful materials, please fill out the information here.
Looking for additional ways to support the troops? Check out our “Wish List” and consider making donations of:
We hope you will “like” the Halloween Candy Give-Back page and the Operation Gratitude Facebook page if you haven’t already! Look for news, updates, helpful tips and other information there — checking those pages will be a good way to stay up on what’s happening.
General Public: info@OperationGratitude.com
Thank you for your support!
P.S. Did you catch the shout out to Operation Gratitude on Jimmy Kimmel Live?
Thank you, Jimmy Kimmel!