If you represent a school, club, company, dentist or group that would like to host a candy collection drive, keep checking back here, and as we get closer to Halloween 2017 we will have a link for you to sign-up for more information.
Please read these important and helpful “Do’s and Don’ts”!
- DO ship your candy NO LATER THAN November 15 to:
21100 Lassen Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311-4278
Attn: Angel Cuevas/Receiving (262)674-7281
- DO line your boxes with big bags to safely ship loose candy, or place the candy into zip-close bags.
- DO include donations of individually-packaged toothbrushes, dental floss and toothpaste — we need to keep smiles on the troops’ faces all shiny, bright and healthy!
- DO fill out the Donation Form and include the number of pounds of candy, number of toothbrushes, etc., you are shipping.
- DO include a Donation Form in every box or carton you send to us and note the total number of packages you are sending to us on each form.
- DON’T ship the candy to any other Operation Gratitude address than the Lassen Street address.
- DON’T purchase candy for us at the 1/2-off sales after Halloween — just send us your extra/leftover candy and please consider making a financial donation instead.
- DON’T use boxes any larger than 24″x 24″x 20,” please.
- DON’T send Pixy Stix (or other powdery candy) – unfortunately, they make a mess of the Care Packages.
- DON’T sort your candy. We want to make sure our Troops and First Responders get a variety of treats in each care package.
We encourage everyone to write letters/cards to the troops that we can include with the candy in our care packages: Letter Writing Flyer
Wondering how you’ll get your donations to Operation Gratitude once your event is over? Read on — and also find shipping information and tips here: Important Shipping Information
(Thank you for understanding that we cannot pay for shipping your donations to our facility, as we need every penny of our funds to pay shipping costs on the care packages to the troops: $15/package.)
Fill out a Donation Form and include it in every package you send in order to receive an acknowledgment. Please indicate the total number of pounds of candy and the number of toothbrushes, etc., you are shipping on the form.
IMPORTANT: Donations sent to any other Operation Gratitude address will not be acknowledged.
If you want confirmation of delivery on your shipment to us prior to receipt of our acknowledgment letter (allow up to 12 weeks), please use the tracking system provided by your shipper.
Again, please deliver your donations by no later than mid-November to ensure we can get them into our care packages this year and none of the candy goes to waste!
Check out the creative flyers folks shared with us in previous years: Halloween Flyers
EVERYONE: If you would like to receive posters, the Operation Gratitude logo and other helpful materials, please fill out the information here.
Find a Candy Collection: To learn if there is a dentist, business, school or club near you collecting candy for Operation Gratitude, check this list.
Looking for additional ways to support the troops? Check out our “Wish List” and consider making donations of:
We hope you will “like” the Halloween Candy Give-Back page and the Operation Gratitude Facebook page if you haven’t already! Look for news, updates, helpful tips and other information there — checking those pages will be a good way to stay up on what’s happening. If you post photos or videos related to donating or collecting candy for Operation Gratitude, please use the hashtag #OperationGratitude so we can
Send us an email: Info@OperationGratitude.com
Thank you for your support!
P.S. Did you catch the shout out to Operation Gratitude on Jimmy Kimmel Live?
This year, there were TWO!
Thank you, Jimmy Kimmel!