It’s that time of year again! Time to honor mothers everywhere on May 8! And soon many of us will also celebrate graduations and other special events — weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and more! Why not combine the joy of these occasions with a simple way to support the troops?
Magazines…jewelry…artwork…books…bouquets! Below is a list of ways your gift purchases can serve an important dual purpose by helping to send more Operation Gratitude care packages during our 2011 Patriotic Drive:
1. Read Give Gift cards: The most important woman in your life will love the huge selection of magazines available on ReadGive.com! And she’ll adore the fact that 60% of her Mother’s Day gift will support our troops through Operation Gratitude. (This is the perfect gift for someone who has a passion for reading and a love for giving back to the troops!)
Go to: http://readgive.com/charity/OPGR/ and purchase magazine subscriptions and/or $15 Gift Cards to thank the special woman in your life and to benefit our heroes in harm’s way. Be sure to add the code OPGR to the “special instructions” section on the second screen of the payment process.
2. Stella and Dot jewelry: In honor of National Military Appreciation Month, you can support the troops with your Stella & Dot jewelry purchase! Treat yourself, or grab gifts for loved ones! Now through the end of May, shop and order directly online at http://www.stelladot.com/anneholland and 5% will be donated back to Operation Gratitude!
3. Altruette Charms: The Altruette concept couldn’t be simpler: 50% of the net profit from the sale of this sweet teddy bear in a care package charm (shown at left) goes directly to Operation Gratitude. Beyond financial support, wearing your Altruette bracelet serves another important purpose: it helps spread the word about Operation Gratitude to your friends and family!
4. Artful Vision: Visit Artful Vision’s “Purchase with a Purpose” gallery showcasing the work of more than 70 American artists who donate 20% of the purchase price of beautiful, handcrafted gifts to the charitable cause you select — Operation Gratitude! It’s that simple.
5. Here’s to the Winners: This long-awaited book is a hand-picked collection of many of L.A. Daily News columnist Dennis McCarthy’s favorite columns from the past 25 years. Complete with full-color photos, it’s a special tribute to the thousands of local readers whose lives have been touched by his thoughtful, heart-felt and inspiring essays. McCarthy has been sharing stories about San Fernando Valley residents and their extraordinary accomplishments for the past three decades.
Through his insightful columns, Dennis has been a long-time friend to U.S. service members, military families and veterans, and now he is donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of Here’s to the Winners to Operation Gratitude:
1. Visit www.dailynews.com/dennis
2. Click on “Buy Now”
3. This will open the eCommerce store, where you’ll see “Here’s to the Winners” for sale.
4. Click on “Add to Shopping Cart” and this page will appear. Users can enter “Gratitude” in the “Apply Coupon” box and click on “Go.”
6. Kabloom Flowers: In honor of National Military Appreciation Month, KaBloom is donating 25% of the proceeds from a variety of beautiful, select bouquets to Operation Gratitude — now through the end of May.
7. Pay Tribute: Make an online donation to Operation Gratitude in honor and/or in memory of someone you love! We will send a beautiful Tribute Letter to the person you would like notified (you — the donor — will receive an acknowledgment of the gift for tax purposes).
8. There are more offers on our Great Ideas page! Be sure to check them out!