The troops love getting artwork from kids in their care packages! Some decorate their living or work space with it, others save it in a special place to bring home someday, and a few even carry the drawings with them on all their missions.
We want to send more of these hand-made treasures to our troops this year! So…
•Starting May 25 Operation Gratitude and our co-sponsor, True Religion Brand Jeans®, are asking students in grades K-12 to draw or paint a picture that expresses their gratitude to our Military. All appropriate entries will eventually be shipped in our care packages to the troops, but before that happens….
•We will pick our top ten (10) favorites and post them in a photo album on our Facebook page, asking our online friends to vote for the one they like best!
•All 10 Finalists will be featured inside our next Operation Gratitude Magazine (that will be sent in 100,000 care packages this year), and the entry receiving the most votes will be featured on the cover!
How it Works:
- Draw a picture (Vertical, please — up to 8” x 10”) expressing your appreciation to our U.S. Military
- Between May 25 – June 15, email a digital picture of your drawing to firstname.lastname@example.org AND mail the original artwork – no photocopies – to:
Pictures for Patriots 2011/ Operation Gratitude
16444 Refugio Road
Encino, California 91436
- No limits on how many pictures an individual student may submit
- Visit the Operation Gratitude Facebook page on June 20 to see the Top 10 Finalists
- “Like” the Operation Gratitude Facebook page to vote for your favorite drawing between June 20 – July 3
- Comment on your Favorite Drawing; Each comment equals one vote. One comment per person, please. (Subsequent comments will not count.)
- The three drawings with the most comments at 11:59 pm PDT on July 3 will be our Grand Prize Winners! The entry with the most votes will be placed on the cover of the next Operation Gratitude Magazine!
- Grand Prizes: (3) $500 Donation to each Winner’s school and an iPod
- For the drawing with the most votes: Artwork placement on the Cover of the Operation Gratitude Magazine
- Each of the 10 Finalists will receive a pair of True Religion Brand Jeans®, an Operation Gratitude DogTag, and will be featured on the inside pages of the Operation Gratitude Magazine.
- Each of the 10 Finalists will be assisted in the filing of an application to obtain a U.S. copyright registration for their drawing submission. True Religion Brand Jeans® will select one or more of the drawing submissions to be printed on T-Shirts that will be sold from their retail stores. A portion of the proceeds from those sales will be contributed to Operation Gratitude.
- All entrants will receive an Official Operation Gratitude Certificate of Appreciation
For those students who otherwise wouldn’t be able to volunteer in the armory (because they’re under age 12 or live too far away), this is an ideal opportunity to show their appreciation and support for the troops in a creative and special way!
Teachers, parents, and scout and youth group leaders: Please help us spread the word about Pictures for Patriots! Thank you!